Can recovery through sleep increase performance?
Today we broke down recovery as it relates to sleep in society and young athletes. Young athletes are overscheduled, overtrained, and overstimulated in the wrong ways.
We talked about the major obstacles to a balanced, healthy society and lifestyle for families and young athletes. A couple solutions to the sleep debt include:
1. Taking a 30 minute nap daily.
2. Going outside and getting some sunshine daily.
3. Lower your consumption of TV, the phone, and energy drinks.
4. Sleep over 7-8 hours a night.
5. Turn out the lights at night
If athletes would follow these few steps, their mood, recovery and performance would increase.
For the complete interview, visit our show page.
XLAthlete.com: The online strength and speed development source for athletes, trainers, and coaches.
Five Star Basketball: The premier basketball skill development camp in the nation.