Memphis Tigers Assistant Basketball Coach Aki Collins joined Stephen McCarthy to discuss how to get noticed by college coaches and the character traits and skills young athletes should develop to take advantage of their talent. Subjects covered: How colleges build their list of potential players, specific areas and order of things coaches look at, and how coaches shorten the list to find the best athletes for their particular program.
For the complete interview, click here.
Bio Information on Aki Collins:
• In his 18th season as an assistant coach at the NCAA Division I level in 2014-15
• Previously had NCAA Division I stints at Marquette (2008-12), Fairfield (2006-08), Marshall (2003-06), Howard (2000-03) and Colorado (1997-2000)
• Has been involved in over 250 NCAA Division I victories
• Member of eight postseason squads (six NCAA Tournaments, two NIT), including the last six NCAA Tournaments
• Has coached five All-Americans, 25 all-conference selections and three conference players of the year
• Also coached nine players that were either NBA Draft picks or played in the NBA