In Chinese medicine there are approximate 120 herbs (out of thousands) that are ‘tonics.’ Some tonics are also known as ‘superior’ herbs – Superior tonic herbs can rebuild organ systems and repair damage from chronic diseases.For an herb to get classified as a ‘tonic,’ it must meet the following six specific qualifications (these qualifications are observed over literally thousands of years of use), Anti-aging characteristics include:
1. Broad and profound health; promoting actions that result in a radiant healthy life
2. Must help balance emotional and psychic energies to help improve one’s emotional and spiritual well-being.
3. Must have NO NEGATIVE side effects with reasonable use over a long period of time
4. Must be consumed easily and must be easily digestible and assimilated.
5. Must contain at least one of the three treasures, which are in Chinese medicine distinct types of energy, Jing, Qi and Shen. These 3 energies are complete as a human being.
My favorite of these tonic herbs is Cordyceps. As many of you know we use Cordyceps Sinensis in our NutriCafe Organic Coffees, Cocoa Mojo and our Protein Powder!
Cordyceps is highly regarded as an athlete’s herb, it improves stamina and increases muscle capacity. It is an oxygenating herb, i.e. it allows the body to assimilate oxygen more efficiently. For this reason, cordyceps is given to race horses.
Cordyceps is also known for its ability to improve sexual activity/performance – Many are unaware of this and there are absolutely no side effects!
Click here to read more about Cordyceps, it’s properties and benefits!
Steve St. Clair